Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Week 15- 12/7 - 12/10

Teens Board
Insets - Christmas Tree Design
Luke on his birthday (which I still need to post!)
Cole and numbers/counters work.
Luke read all 42 words in the box (pictured above are the picture cards that have been turned over for self-correction. On the back of the pictures are the words, which he first reads and then turns it over to see if he's right by looking at the picture). He was so happy about reading all 42 words I told him I would take a picture for his mom to see. My other 3 readers wouldn't be beat, so when they heard about Luke's feat, they did the same.

Next week will be our Christmas parties for both classes (Monday and Tuesday). I cannot believe the kids have been in school for 15 weeks! But look where they are at this time. We have a few of our pre-K students doing the teens board and able to associate the correct quantities with the numerals 11-19. We also have 4 beginning readers to boot! The Montessori Method works.

Theme: Christmas, Introduction to the 7 Continents
Phonograms: 1-33 new: sh and ee

We read Put Me in the Zoo for a fun read two times this week (the kids just love this book!), and a couple of others about Christmas.

No comments: