Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September

Hello Everyone!

Our first couple of weeks in preschool went well!  We will be starting
our sandpaper letter lessons this week and by the end of the month,
your children will have been presented 8 lessons (msatfbox).   I also
sent home the secret phonic bags -- if this week was your assignment,
you should have received a red bag last Thursday.  Please send the bag
with your child to school tomorrow, Tuesday.

I updated our preschool blog with photos from our first week of
school.  Keep in mind that there were other work activities that I
didn't get a photo of -- but the pictures are a glimpse into what the
kids learned that first week.  Please feel free to download a copy of
the photo if you want.  I will also be posting about what we learned
in August -- watch for it on our preschool blog.

But just a heads up:

1. Tuition is due this Thursday, Sep 2.

2. We will be doing a few special art projects this month.  The theme
for the month of September is All About Me.

Please note:
During the week of Sep 14-16, please send with your child a picture of
your family -- we will be making a family tree, so send a picture that
you don't mind being cut up.  We will be cutting out faces and gluing
them on their family tree.

3. Field Trip: Gilbert Fire Station, 9 a.m. on Thursday, Sep 23.  This
field trip will be in lieu of classes that day.  I originally
scheduled the field trip for Wednesday, but since there were conflicts
in some of your schedules, I moved the field trip to Thursday.  I am
anticipating that the field trips after this one will be scheduled on
a day other than Tuesday/Thursday so we can have our regular school
hours on those days.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.  See you Thursday!

Thanks,
Rinna

No comments: