Wednesday, March 4, 2009

South America

This week's theme unit is South America. On Tuesday, March 3, we looked at pictures of the landscape, people, and things of South America, sang our Continent Song, and read a book about South America. We have some amazing preschoolers - a few of them remember all the continents. All of them know which one we live in (we studied North America back in the Fall). I will be changing out our North America playdough work (will now be pink playdough and South America cutout).

Phonograms: we are now reciting 48 phonograms.




Jasmine - tessellations - she is really good at it!



Number Rod Extension (my original idea - the boys love parking the cars)

Practicing at our writing table

2 comments:

Jen said...

Your preschool is amazing! I love all of those activities. Some I've never seen before and they look so fun and educational!

Kylene said...

I echo Jen's words! Thank you for the invite. I will definitely be checking in for great tips and insight on the Montessori Method. I am just learning about it and think it is wonderful. I am anxious to try it out with my own little ones!