I have two new readers in preschool - they have been working on their blending skills for some time now and I knew it was only a matter of time before it clicked. After today's exercises with the pink object boxes and words, my second years Luke Andersen and Kade Richins became my newest readers. I am so happy for them (yeah!) and now that they can blend c-v-c words, it is time to introduce them to articles THE and A.
It does take some time (how long depending on the child) until they are able to read simple sentences, that are 3-5 words in length. This is the time they need the most practice (while they're interested and excited about reading in general), so extra reading at home is a must and should be approached with a happy attitude so they will want to keep reading.
Happy Day!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment