Wednesday, May 5, 2010

You get what you get and don't throw a fit!

I just had to post this!!!  This morning, while the boys and I were having an informal conversation at opening circle, somehow the topic (which always changes depending on what they have to say) was on swimming pools.  Then it was how big or small a pool should be, and what it could look like.  Anyway after a little while, a lively exchange ensued:

Zack: If I had a pool in my backyard, it would be the biggest pool ever.
Cole: Well it's not.  I'm sure there's one that's the biggest pool ever.
Kade: It doesn't matter what size it is.  Small pools are good.
Cole: Well, whatever.  Small pool or big pool.  You could just get what you could ever want.
Zack: Noooooo!  That's not true.  You don't always get what you want.  You just get what you get.
Kade: Yeah, you get what you get, not what you could ever want.
Luke and Zack almost at the same time: Yeah!  It's "You get what you get, and don't throw a fit!"

It was too funny.  I told them that those were probably the wisest words ever spoken and they should remember it.  And immediately I thought of writing that saying down somewhere where my kids could see it ALL the TIME!

No comments: